ICANN TLD Owner Auctioning Off Their TLDs (auction.link)

What is poppin' in the domain industry of HANDSHAKE!
skyinclude

Trusted Buyer

ICANN TLD Owner Auctioning Off Their TLDs (auction.link)

Post by skyinclude »

I just learned from Jothan that this was announced during the Namescon:

http://auction.link

It is a current ICANN registered TLD owner auctioning off ownership of their TLDs:

All 23 no-reserve auctions begin on April 28, 2021

.audio
The domain ending that gives your voice a website

.blackfriday
The annual event that symbolizes shopping for the world

.christmas
For one of the most cherished holidays and shopping seasons

.click
One of the best truly generic TLDs that is also a call-to-action

.country
America’s #1 music genre with 100 million fans

.diet
The domain ending for sites specializing in health and wellness

.flowers
Florists in every geographic locale will one day have a .flowers domain

.game
The priceless domain ending for a trillion-dollar industry

.guitars
A domain ending for one of the most popular musical instruments in the world

.help
The domain ending every business needs to support their customers

.hiphop
The future home of a genre that has defined culture for the last 25 years

.hiv
The three-letter TLD that’s like a digital red ribbon

.hosting
The domain ending that represents the backbone of the internet

.juegos
Spanish for “games” and the ideal companion to .game for 1 billion Spanish speakers

.link
One of the best, and most natural, natural TLDs that connects the internet

.llp
An unlaunched domain ending for the LLP community

.lol
The three-letter TLD that exemplifies nearly every viral trend on the internet

.mom
The TLD for motherhood, with a familiar homonym as .com

.photo
The short and resonant domain ending when words don’t paint the whole picture

.pics
The affable domain ending for images of all kinds

.property
The domain ending that gives homes, condos, offices, and more their own address online

.sexy
A short and flexible domain ending that is daring without being polarizing

.tattoo
A top-10 generic search term for nearly 20 years

"In 2012, the company invested $60 million USD to apply for the ownership rights to 54 Top Level Domains, and was ultimately successful in acquiring more than 25 of them (including through joint ventures), such as .link, .click, and .help. Since then, Schilling has brought on some of the most talented industry participants to build and manage the most advanced domain name sales tools, operating technology, and IP rights protection services in the world. "

"Allow UNR to run your backend and support your extension with a world-class team and suite of software, or select one of the many other service providers available. Optional consulting services are available to help you navigate the ownership transition."

====
some feedback from friends I've shared this with:
this is an excellent example on how to sell the better TLDs in one's HNS portfolio: https://auction.link/tld-offerings/#llp
some of those ICANN TLDs going to auction look no better than some of the ones we own, we actually own some better then theirs.

Man I'm looking through that auction dot link site, everything it says about owning a TLD applies perfectly to HNS TLDs

I'm sure they are selling these because of the Handshake TLDs
[/qoute]
this is what we need for HNS: "No industry
experience required
In an effort to simplify TLD ownership for businesses, individuals, and groups outside of the domain name industry, UNR offers a unique “Registry in a Box” and Trustee service for industry newcomers."

Interesting times, curious how these auctions will go in the end of April.

https://skyinclude.com/ or HNS http://setup.skyinclude :mrgreen:

handshakegod
Re: ICANN TLD Owner Auctioning Off Their TLDs (auction.link)

Post by handshakegod »

My first thought, probably overly optimistic, is these are being sold because of the soon inundation and democratization of TLD ownership via HNS.

The presentation of the TLD sales is good and can serve as an example of how to set up sales FAQs and pages for those who have premium HNS TLDs and are looking to market them.

Of note, on the auctions list is the low user base some of these ICANN TLDs have. I imagine it will be similar for HNS TLDs for those who choose to sell SLDs, this may be a good way to gauge a bit of what's to come in the future.

Article about auction in Domain Name wire here: https://domainnamewire.com/2021/01/27/f ... ingle-day/

A take away from that, which I'd like to see for the owners of Handshake TLDs, is this "Registry in a Box" some sort of saas or something that could be trustlessly implemented on the blockchain could be interesting:
In fact, it’s offering its “Registry in a Box” service to buyers of its top level domains if they’d like. It will even serve as a “Trustee” for any of the top level domains, meaning UNR will be the named owner and continue to operate the domains on behalf of the financial buyer.
:lol: Hanshake God and life begins... :arrow: :roll: :!: