hnssearch - search engine for handshake domains

Have Handshake TLDs and curious on what is possible? Or have ideas you want the development community to think about, share here.
AndiR16
Re: hnssearch - search engine for handshake domains

Post by AndiR16 »

cjj wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:58 pm
Nice to see that you are working on the crawler !! Indexing is reallllly important imho 👍👍🙌

About the autocomplete !hnsdirect function...Great idea 💡 ,my feedback to possibly improve it is:
1) First of all it looks Great !
2) Having all the !hnsdirect options will suffice for now...but when we have more !hd’s (!hnsdirect is being too long for me😂) , that will be a UI sore (No one wants to see a page long !hd’s list) so my suggestion is that we only show 3-4 more used ones and put a “show more” sign which can redirect to “http://hnssearch/hnsdirect” where you can show the list of all the !hd’s and a bit of info on how to use !hd’s !
3) People are going to use these !hd’s more !nb (namebase),!sh (shakestats)etc.
We can put the the common ones on the 3-4 !hd’s which will be helpful and usedul to the newjoiners of HNS and the non-devs. The first time !hd users can also get a basic idea of !hd’s and its usefulness
And later everyone can see their own choice of !hd’s from the list further

These small things will help kind of improve the UX of hnssearch 😊 and the use of !hd’s itself

What are your thoughts on it😃
Thank you very much for your feedback :)) Glad you like the new implementations and the work in progress features :)

2) I was also thinking about doing smth like that, as I think a list that is too long would not be very appealing.
3) That also sounds like a very good idea. Put the most common on top so that they are more accessible.

Thank you very much for your input :) It is truly appreciated. I am a firm believer that by implementing and improving small things, the UX will gradually improve into a truly great experience for the user 😊
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

cjj wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:03 pm Yes! Easter eggs are always good ! I personally like Easter eggs 😃🙌
It unknowingly creates a better UX 😊
Awesome to hear that :) Already some more are hidden and more are coming in the next weeks :)

cjj wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:03 pm Privacy protection features ;; This is really great !!
I was about to ask you are for the same !! Really appreciate you for implementing privacy protection features , this is a must and I am totally waiting for them...Please do implement them asap 👍🙌👏
Working on it with a top priority together with improving indexing and crawling. :) Definitely a must and so important to go forward.

cjj wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:03 pm Quick question 🙋‍♂️: Are you thinking of open sourcing “hnssearch”?
If yes , then to what extent... like will you only open source the indexed websites list (Your database) or only your HNSsearchBot or the website sourcecode ..............OR ALL OF THEM😊 !!!!
Open source data,source code and Privacy, IMO is reallllllllyyyyyy needed for a Web 3.0 search engine and the Web 3.0 itself !
I am still debating whether to open source, partially open source or completely open source HNSsearch as I see advantages and disadvantages to all three. For sure I want the product to be more refined before making a decision. But it is definitely something to consider when thinking about the future of the dweb.

cjj wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:03 pm I am sorry if I am asking something wrong 🙏 but
We really want a clarification and your future goals on Hnssearch 😊
Absolutely not, I appreciate all input and am more than happy to answer questions. I want to be as open as possible about the development and I want this search engine to cater to the needs of the community. :)
cjj

Post by cjj »

AndiR16 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:17 pm
cjj wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:03 pm Quick question 🙋‍♂️: Are you thinking of open sourcing “hnssearch”?
If yes , then to what extent... like will you only open source the indexed websites list (Your database) or only your HNSsearchBot or the website sourcecode ..............OR ALL OF THEM😊 !!!!
Open source data,source code and Privacy, IMO is reallllllllyyyyyy needed for a Web 3.0 search engine and the Web 3.0 itself !
I am still debating whether to open source, partially open source or completely open source HNSsearch as I see advantages and disadvantages to all three. For sure I want the product to be more refined before making a decision. But it is definitely something to consider when thinking about the future of the dweb.
Yeah it is totally your choice to open source it or not...Ofcourse there disadvantages too but I and many others prefer open source software😊 so...Yes it is something to consider 🙏🙏
Maybe , when hnssearch is more mature ? It is your call 😊
AndiR16 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:17 pm
cjj wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:03 pm I am sorry if I am asking something wrong 🙏 but
We really want a clarification and your future goals on Hnssearch 😊
Absolutely not, I appreciate all input and am more than happy to answer questions. I want to be as open as possible about the development and I want this search engine to cater to the needs of the community. :)
Nice👍🙏🙌
I really appreciate you for doing this great work for the HNS community 🙌🙌👏👏😃
All the best👍👍😊
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

cjj wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:54 am Yeah it is totally your choice to open source it or not...Ofcourse there disadvantages too but I and many others prefer open source software😊 so...Yes it is something to consider 🙏🙏
Maybe , when hnssearch is more mature ? It is your call 😊
Yes maybe, for sure I want it to be refined 😊 But we will see. So far still lots to improve and many more features on the way :D

cjj wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:54 am Nice👍🙏🙌
I really appreciate you for doing this great work for the HNS community 🙌🙌👏👏😃
All the best👍👍😊
Thank you so much for your kind words and for your many awesome suggestions 🙌👏😃
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

HNSsearch update release notes:

What's new:
Some minor bug fixes on the front end
Improved impersonal search analytics

Working on:
Crawler and Website 2.0
Crypto price integration when searching for a currency
Autocomplete (dropdown) menu for !hnsdirect

Still working on some of the announced updates. Main focus right now is the improved crawler and indexing 2.0 to bring you the best possible search experience :)
cjj

Post by cjj »

AndiR16 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:48 pm HNSsearch update release notes:

What's new:
Some minor bug fixes on the front end
Improved impersonal search analytics

Working on:
Crawler and Website 2.0
Crypto price integration when searching for a currency
Autocomplete (dropdown) menu for !hnsdirect

Still working on some of the announced updates. Main focus right now is the improved crawler and indexing 2.0 to bring you the best possible search experience :)
Nice ! 🙌
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

No updates on the current version of HNSsearch this week, but V2 is coming along nicely. It will be a completely new experience on how to use search on HNS and will work more towards an open source approach.

Details for the beta will be announced in April :)
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

Thank you everyone for your love and support for HNSsearch. :) :) :)

As we are moving forward with the development of V2 here are some new key features you can expect:

-open source (code + index)
-search as you type
-hosted on decentralized storage for most part

And more of course :)
skyinclude

Trusted Buyer

Post by skyinclude »

thanks for continuing to post here - I'm trying to figure out how to get login w/ handshake to work here so wee dont become a ghost town

https://skyinclude.com/ or HNS http://setup.skyinclude :mrgreen:

cjj

Post by cjj »

AndiR16 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:47 pm Thank you everyone for your love and support for HNSsearch. :) :) :)

As we are moving forward with the development of V2 here are some new key features you can expect:

-open source (code + index)
-search as you type
-hosted on decentralized storage for most part

And more of course :)
Sweeeeetttt!
Open sourcing it 🙌🙌🙌
Search as you type : that was totally needed
Decentralised storage...What have you thought for it? Sia? Ipfs? Storj?

Lovely work !!