hnssearch - search engine for handshake domains

Have Handshake TLDs and curious on what is possible? Or have ideas you want the development community to think about, share here.
AndiR16
Re: hnssearch - search engine for handshake domains

Post by AndiR16 »

skyinclude wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:15 am Great updates!! wondering where normal users who don't see this forum post and only thee HNSsearch would find it ?

keep up the good work!

Thank you :)

The plan is to have page that informs about such features and to have a dropdown that is displayed when a user enters ! to see which shortcuts are available.
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

So the weekly update was rolled out today onto the main page :)

What's new:
  • Pagination was improved by adding a "previous" and a "next" button to be more user-friendly on mobile
  • !hnsdirect, a shortcut system that allows a user the search directly on their favourite hns website by using ! and a predefined shortcut.

So far implemented:
    !hm = handshake.mercenary
    !sp = parking.sinpapeles
    !hn = hnsnetwork.com
    !nb = namebase
    !ni = niami
    !hs = hnscan
    !hf = e.hnsfans
    !sh = shakestats
I hope you like the new additions to the platform :)
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

Hi guys

I wanted to let you know that there are some Easter eggs placed on HNSsearch :)

For example: You can search for "block height", "current block" or others and the block height is returned :D

block height.png
block height.png (49.04 KiB) Viewed 3676 times

There are some others hidden as well, but of course I don't want to spoil them all at this time. I hope you like the addition of such hidden features :)

Progress update:
Currently I am working on implementing additional privacy protection features as well as creating HNSsearchBot V2 to improve crawling and indexing.
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

One of things I am currently working on, is trying to make !hnsdirect more accessible. One of my attempts is to provide an autocomplete menu (drop-down) with all !hnsdirect options :)

I am currently still tweaking the design as I am not fully happy with it, but this is something you can expect in the near future.

autocomplete.png
autocomplete.png (46.11 KiB) Viewed 3634 times
cjj

Post by cjj »

Heyyy!
Great updates !
Sorry I was offline for a long time...busy with college and exams😊
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

cjj wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:40 pm Heyyy!
Great updates !
Nice to have you back 😊 Hopefully it went/goes well. :) Good luck!

Glad you like the updates.
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

HNSsearch update release notes:

What's new:
Mainly improved the backend. Crawler V1.5 was deployed, and crawling quality improved a lot 😊. The HNS root zone is now being crawled to index a lot more pages.

The Database was cleaned to get rid of unnecessary entries, this means a temporary reduction in search results. This will be balanced out during the next weeks as more quality entries will be added by crawler V1.5.

Currently working on:
Autocomplete (dropdown) menu for !hnsdirect with all options

Block explorer integration

Crypto price display when searching a crypto currency.

This weeks updates are not very visible for the end-user but very important nonetheless. Next weeks updates should be again more visible/on the frontend side. :)
cjj

Post by cjj »

AndiR16 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:15 pm
cjj wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:40 pm Heyyy!
Great updates !
Nice to have you back 😊 Hopefully it went/goes well. :) Good luck!

Glad you like the updates.
👍👍🙏😀
cjj

Post by cjj »

AndiR16 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:19 pm HNSsearch update release notes:

What's new:
Mainly improved the backend. Crawler V1.5 was deployed, and crawling quality improved a lot 😊. The HNS root zone is now being crawled to index a lot more pages.

The Database was cleaned to get rid of unnecessary entries, this means a temporary reduction in search results. This will be balanced out during the next weeks as more quality entries will be added by crawler V1.5.

Currently working on:
Autocomplete (dropdown) menu for !hnsdirect with all options

Block explorer integration

Crypto price display when searching a crypto currency.

This weeks updates are not very visible for the end-user but very important nonetheless. Next weeks updates should be again more visible/on the frontend side. :)
Nice to see that you are working on the crawler !! Indexing is reallllly important imho 👍👍🙌

About the autocomplete !hnsdirect function...Great idea 💡 ,my feedback to possibly improve it is:
1) First of all it looks Great !
2) Having all the !hnsdirect options will suffice for now...but when we have more !hd’s (!hnsdirect is being too long for me😂) , that will be a UI sore (No one wants to see a page long !hd’s list) so my suggestion is that we only show 3-4 more used ones and put a “show more” sign which can redirect to “http://hnssearch/hnsdirect” where you can show the list of all the !hd’s and a bit of info on how to use !hd’s !
3) People are going to use these !hd’s more !nb (namebase),!sh (shakestats)etc.
We can put the the common ones on the 3-4 !hd’s which will be helpful and usedul to the newjoiners of HNS and the non-devs. The first time !hd users can also get a basic idea of !hd’s and its usefulness
And later everyone can see their own choice of !hd’s from the list further

These small things will help kind of improve the UX of hnssearch 😊 and the use of !hd’s itself

What are your thoughts on it😃
Last edited by cjj on Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cjj

Post by cjj »

AndiR16 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:22 am Hi guys

I wanted to let you know that there are some Easter eggs placed on HNSsearch :)

For example: You can search for "block height", "current block" or others and the block height is returned :D

block height.png

There are some others hidden as well, but of course I don't want to spoil them all at this time. I hope you like the addition of such hidden features :)

Progress update:
Currently I am working on implementing additional privacy protection features as well as creating HNSsearchBot V2 to improve crawling and indexing.
Yes! Easter eggs are always good ! I personally like Easter eggs 😃🙌
It unknowingly creates a better UX 😊

Privacy protection features ;; This is really great !!
I was about to ask you are for the same !! Really appreciate you for implementing privacy protection features , this is a must and I am totally waiting for them...Please do implement them asap 👍🙌👏

Quick question 🙋‍♂️: Are you thinking of open sourcing “hnssearch”?
If yes , then to what extent... like will you only open source the indexed websites list (Your database) or only your HNSsearchBot or the website sourcecode ..............OR ALL OF THEM😊 !!!!
Open source data,source code and Privacy, IMO is reallllllllyyyyyy needed for a Web 3.0 search engine and the Web 3.0 itself !

I mean it is your wish 🤞😊, As you may want to monetise it etc.

I am sorry if I am asking something wrong 🙏 but
We really want a clarification and your future goals on Hnssearch 😊