hnssearch - search engine for handshake domains

Have Handshake TLDs and curious on what is possible? Or have ideas you want the development community to think about, share here.
AndiR16
Re: hnssearch - search engine for handshake domains

Post by AndiR16 »

The next feature I am working on is to add crypto prices at the top whenever the name or id of a crypto currency is searched.

coin_search.png
coin_search.png (38.31 KiB) Viewed 3643 times

What do you guys think about that?
Do you think the standard coingecko widget fits the style or should it be my own design by making API calls directly?
cjj

Post by cjj »

Awesome, thank you so much for your kind words ๐Ÿ™Œ

I am so glad that you like it :) Yeah I thought smth special was in order for the official launch ๐Ÿš€ It's so amazing to see the communities reaction to it :) Of course I am also thankful for constructive criticism that can help grow the page.

A lot of things on the dev board right now, but the next thing I want to tackle is integrating transaction id search into the search so it would provide block information etc.. :D
๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘
I love it ! It is truly a great search engine ๐Ÿ™Œ

Integrating transaction Id search is good too....or maybe you can try something like DDGโ€™s Bangs (https://duckduckgo.com/bang)
I dont if it is easy to code ๐Ÿ˜… but that would be a great feature to look into,
Bangs are shortcuts that quickly take you to search results on other sites. For example, when you know you want to search on another site like Wikipedia or Amazon, our bangs get you there fastest. A search for !w filter bubble will take you directly to Wikipedia.
Once you integrate bangs you can open a form on your site so that public websites/forums can get their own bangs
For example: if we want to search our wonderful forum http://handshake.mercenary/ , we can search from your hnssearch as โ€œ!hm skyincludeโ€ and we will get the posts where skyinclude is mentioned and his posts etc. instead of typing the long handshake.mercenary ...

And you can type โ€œ!hnscan <TX> or <hns address > or <handshake names>โ€œ to quickly get the details of the input !!(!hnscan or something shorter like !h etc.)

Let me know if it is too much๐Ÿ˜ and ask others of their opinion on this on discord and telegram or maybe put up a poll ๐Ÿ˜Š
I hope this isnโ€™t overwhelming ...I am just giving a probably useful suggestion ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™‚
cjj
Re: hnssearch - search engine for handshake domain

Post by cjj »

AndiR16 wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:07 pm The next feature I am working on is to add crypto prices at the top whenever the name or id of a crypto currency is searched.

coin_search.png

What do you guys think about that?
Do you think the standard coingecko widget fits the style or should it be my own design by making API calls directly?
Ahh yes!
This is a great feature!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™Œ
I personally like a coingecko widget as it has the options to change the fiat price of almost all countries and not only usd like other markets for eg.coinmarketcap.
Using coingecko widget is better imho๐Ÿ˜Š
cjj

Post by cjj »

One more feature..
Can you please add โ€œnext and previousโ€œ option , my big fingers canโ€™t click on the numbers to change the page properly๐Ÿ˜

Currently hnssearch :

For reference google :

Thanks๐Ÿ‘
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

cjj wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:47 am One more feature..
Can you please add โ€œnext and previousโ€œ option , my big fingers canโ€™t click on the numbers to change the page properly๐Ÿ˜

Yes of course, seems like a useful addition to the pagination system :)

I added it to my development list and put it at the top. So it will be the next thing I will work on :) So should be up soon :)
AndiR16
Re: hnssearch - search engine for handshake domain

Post by AndiR16 »

cjj wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:14 am Ahh yes!
This is a great feature!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™Œ
I personally like a coingecko widget as it has the options to change the fiat price of almost all countries and not only usd like other markets for eg.coinmarketcap.
Using coingecko widget is better imho๐Ÿ˜Š
Thank you for your feedback on it :) I am glad you like the idea of the feature :)

I also think that coingecko is not a bad option :D
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

cjj wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:11 am ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘
I love it ! It is truly a great search engine ๐Ÿ™Œ

Thank you so much for your kind words ๐Ÿ˜Š

cjj wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:11 am
Integrating transaction Id search is good too....or maybe you can try something like DDGโ€™s Bangs (https://duckduckgo.com/bang)
I dont if it is easy to code ๐Ÿ˜… but that would be a great feature to look into,

Once you integrate bangs you can open a form on your site so that public websites/forums can get their own bangs
For example: if we want to search our wonderful forum http://handshake.mercenary/ , we can search from your hnssearch as โ€œ!hm skyincludeโ€ and we will get the posts where skyinclude is mentioned and his posts etc. instead of typing the long handshake.mercenary ...

And you can type โ€œ!hnscan <TX> or <hns address > or <handshake names>โ€œ to quickly get the details of the input !!(!hnscan or something shorter like !h etc.)

I was thinking about smth in that directions but honestly didn't know that ddg had such a feature and that it was called bang. Could be definitely something to look into. I really like the idea. I could imagine to add sinpapeles for example as well. :)

cjj wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:11 am Let me know if it is too much๐Ÿ˜ and ask others of their opinion on this on discord and telegram or maybe put up a poll ๐Ÿ˜Š
I hope this isnโ€™t overwhelming ...I am just giving a probably useful suggestion ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™‚

Definitely not too much. I love the creativity and the inputs. Really a lot of great suggestions. So if you have more or want smth to be considered, don't hesitate to write it :D

I added this suggestion to the suggestions board (https://hnssearch.hearken.io/) so people can upvote it, but honestly I am already sold on the idea :)
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

cjj wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:11 am
Well you got me so pumped about this feature that I just had to implement it today after work. :)

So now it's live on the dev website with the following queries for the following pages already working:

!hm = handshake.mercenary
!sp = parking.sinpapeles
!hn = hnsnetwork.com
!nb = namebase

And btw. if anyone is interested in testing features while still in development, DM me and I can send you the link to the development site. :)

Disclaimer: Some features on the dev page might be buggy :)
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

cjj wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:47 am One more feature..
Pagination is now changed on the dev website and will be published with the upcoming updates on Sunday. :)

pagination1.png
pagination1.png (15.68 KiB) Viewed 3624 times
cjj

Post by cjj »

AndiR16 wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:52 am I was thinking about smth in that directions but honestly didn't know that ddg had such a feature and that it was called bang. Could be definitely something to look into. I really like the idea. I could imagine to add sinpapeles for example as well. :)
Honoured to give you some suggestions for this amazing search engine๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘
Definitely not too much. I love the creativity and the inputs. Really a lot of great suggestions. So if you have more or want smth to be considered, don't hesitate to write it :D

I added this suggestion to the suggestions board (https://hnssearch.hearken.io/) so people can upvote it, but honestly I am already sold on the idea :)
Great! Of course I will not hesitate to write ๐Ÿ˜Š
I upvoted it just now and I see a total of 6 upvotes !! I am happy that others like bangs too ๐Ÿ˜€
Well you got me so pumped about this feature that I just had to implement it today after work. :)

So now it's live on the dev website with the following queries for the following pages already working:

!hm = handshake.mercenary
!sp = parking.sinpapeles
!hn = hnsnetwork.com
!nb = namebase

And btw. if anyone is interested in testing features while still in development, DM me and I can send you the link to the development site. :)

Disclaimer: Some features on the dev page might be buggy :)
Wow! So quick ๐Ÿ˜
Would love to have the link for the Dev site link๐Ÿ˜Š
Pagination is now changed on the dev website and will be published with the upcoming updates on Sunday. :)
๐Ÿ™ŒLooking good๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š
Reply or dm me the Dev site link๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค