hnssearch - search engine for handshake domains

Have Handshake TLDs and curious on what is possible? Or have ideas you want the development community to think about, share here.
skyinclude

Trusted Buyer

Re: hnssearch - search engine for handshake domains

Post by skyinclude »

AndiR16 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:49 am quick update

The site is now in open beta:

http://beta.hnssearch/

So if you are interested in checking it out and testing it, I would really appreciate your feedback :D

Of course still working on some features and fixing some bugs :)
testing now - this seems past the beta phase - really smooth -and love the minimalism. Very nice UX and flow.

Just some constructive feedback to help:

for the image tab - not getting many results - maybe remove that for time being?

and i searched NFT - is this site a HNS or DNS site, i searched .kred and it is a reserved name.

https://skyinclude.com/ or HNS http://setup.skyinclude :mrgreen:

cjj

Post by cjj »

AndiR16 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:49 am quick update

The site is now in open beta:

http://beta.hnssearch/

So if you are interested in checking it out and testing it, I would really appreciate your feedback :D

Of course still working on some features and fixing some bugs :)
Awesome!🤝🤝👍👍👍
Great UI , Works really great...As always index more and more websites is what I can say !
If you don’t mind...Use any other analytics to know your page visits etc.....please don’t use google !!
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

skyinclude wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:15 am
testing now - this seems past the beta phase - really smooth -and love the minimalism. Very nice UX and flow.
Thank you for the awesome words :) Glad you like it :)

for the image tab - not getting many results - maybe remove that for time being?
This is still something I am unsure about. On the one hand, I want to keep it in but on the other hand, there are really not to many good images to show.

and i searched NFT - is this site a HNS or DNS site, i searched .kred and it is a reserved name.
Still tweaking the crawler. Some lesser known ICANN TLD's are still slipping through. But the crawler is also learning and hopefully this can be avoided in the future. But still working on it :)
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

cjj wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:02 pm Awesome!🤝🤝👍👍👍
Great UI , Works really great...As always index more and more websites is what I can say !
If you don’t mind...Use any other analytics to know your page visits etc.....please don’t use google !!
Thank you very much for your kind feedback :)

Yes, crawling is one of the highest priorities. Really want to cover as many site as possible. Still working on the crawler. :)

For the analytics tool I am also not fully satisfied with using google. I know about some alternatives, but not sure yet which one to use. Do you have any suggestions?
cjj

Post by cjj »

AndiR16 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:10 pm
cjj wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:02 pm Awesome!🤝🤝👍👍👍
Thank you very much for your kind feedback :)

Yes, crawling is one of the highest priorities. Really want to cover as many site as possible. Still working on the crawler. :)

For the analytics tool I am also not fully satisfied with using google. I know about some alternatives, but not sure yet which one to use. Do you have any suggestions?
I don’t have much suggestions...Maybe Plausible[https://plausible.io/] or Matomo [https://matomo.org/] 😊
Ask in the namer discord and telegram group...as many people would already be using something🤝👍
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

Matomo was also suggested in the discord channel. I will give it a try. Nice that it can be self hosted.
iamfernando

Trusted Buyer

Post by iamfernando »

OP, are you reading the sitemap.xml?

If so, I can generate one for parking.sinpapeles. I believe that would make it easier on your side.

And what about robots.txt?
I won't add it for now, but it would be interesting to respect it.
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

iamfernando wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:41 am OP, are you reading the sitemap.xml?

If so, I can generate one for parking.sinpapeles. I believe that would make it easier on your side.

And what about robots.txt?
I won't add it for now, but it would be interesting to respect it.
sitemap.xml is being read. Just almost no hns site has one. Would definitely make it easier. :)

As for robots.txt. It's on my personal development list, but not implemented at the moment. Will come for sure within the next weeks. I do think that it's important to provide the choice on what is indexed and what not to the website owner.
AndiR16

Post by AndiR16 »

cjj wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:02 pm If you don’t mind...Use any other analytics to know your page visits etc.....please don’t use google !!
Google analytics is no longer in use. :D

Thank you for your suggestion :)
sull

Post by sull »

Awesome work!